Monday, January 26, 2009

Status

I have updated 4 of 21 chapters in "Micronation" for the third revision of the manuscript.

I have revised and cowritten 11 chapters out of 41 of "Precyber" with Ken....it's "the fourth novel" and is basically in a future dystopia set in Atlanta, GA.

"Fire of Prophesy" is at 3250 words, but it looks to need another 500.

Unfortunately, my schedule demands that I start working up a new story now, so I might have to piggy back a bit.

So what kind of story do I want to write? Next in the common theme is "Water" which almost automatically seems to be about the Abysmali, but that's a rather wide range of things to cover.

I'm torn between one of two different ideas...the first is a raiding party in Glashause that gets mixed up with the Abysmali from a distance...kind of a horror story set in the age before Fulcrum. The second is to be about their 'client' race in the age after Fulcrum in which they've modified humans....all of the major races have modified humans outside of Glashause in the third age...but I haven't given much thought about how.

That's why I lean a little bit toward the second idea, but its just an idea of somewhere to write about, not a story. As a story, the first definitely has more potential.

No comments: