Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A peice of advice

Do not accidentally use the same email twice on a carefully crafted query letter to an agent when you are selling your book. I submitted "Micronation" to five agents today, but accidentally sent one agent's email to another. That probably won't go over very well. :/

Should finish with Chapter 32 of the precyber novel tonight.

We had the writing group meeting this last Saturday. Rita and Julie's stories were quite interesting but in the interest of confidentiality, I'm not going to mention much detail. Julie is very good at writing texture and characterization and Rita is very good at detail and narration. I managed to finish Air, but in retrospect I'm not so sure that I'm going to use it as an independent story.

But it was very helpful in drilling down the details on the elves for the Fantasy novel.

No comments: