Friday, July 8, 2016

[Naked City] Not of but in

By Emmet Other

Here we all are
The potato madman
Gurgling on his political  rage
The lackadaisical Carlos an
Listless in emptied from Facebook
Soon to return with a fury
The broken soiled
And the twice under bussed
And me of course
Myself and myself and myself
And that's just beneath the glass mask
The Names of Terminus
The Queen of a Thousand Wigs
The Shaman of Slapstick
The Keeper of Time
The Newsman
The marine
The Artist that Could
The boy who can't say no
And even the psychic sidekick
And so many are new
So very new
The wheel sits there
Pilt Cousin to Mr Time you
Shame and fun
Dealt 8 different wheelers
Crowded and classy
But a cash only bar
Fixed up the goat farm
It's all come quite far
Why I am I not reading?
Because I am Naked City
And Naked City is me
I am all sovereign city
The city is dead
Let the games begin
Long live the city.

No comments: