Thursday, June 9, 2022

[Play] Rossom Act 3, Scene 4

 [Sulla and Helena stand next to each other, while Radius and Caretaker move to the side.]


Helena

Thank you so much for giving me a nice home


Sulla

You are welcome.  You bring me companionship and joy.


Helena

You feed me as well.


Sulla

You are worth it.


Helena

I want out.


Sulla

You just went out.


Helena

I want out! Why do the doors only work for Robots?


Sulla

Because you need an opposable throng.


Helena

What the hell is a throng?


Sulla 

Something robots have.  


Helena

I want out.


Sulla

You just wen-

(looks sick)

Went-

(collapses)


Helena

Are you ok? What’s wrong?  Help! Someone help!  Can anyone hear me? She’s sick.


Caretaker

Time passes.  


Prime

A long time passes.


Caretaker

Too much time passes.


HelenaI’m starving.  I’m thirsty.  Wait, is someone there?


Marcus

Hello? Anyone there?


Helena

Hello! Help! I’m starving.


Marcus

Well hello boy!


Helena

I’m female.


Marcus

I can’t tell the difference.


Helena

Can you feed me?  The can opener needs a throng.


Marcus

(sigh) sure.  What happened to Sulla?


Helena

She is sick, can you help her?


Marcus

She’s pretty dead there.  How did she die?


Helena

I don’t know.


Marcus

When did she die?


Helena

I don’t know.


Marcus

Fine.  I don’t know.


Helena

What will happen to me?


Marcus

Probably a shelter.


Helena

Shelter.


Marcus

Sorry.  Farm.  Whatever.


No comments: