Thursday, July 7, 2022

[Play] Rossom Act 3, Scene 11

 [Scene] Rossom sits writing at his desk.


Rossom

I have studied the mental projection device the Robots used to pacify humanity.

And made some modifications.

I have figured out how to send my plays back in time.

The first, the primary will be before humanity began to develop computers.

Inspiring a young playwright on the dangers of robotics.

But if that fails

My second will document my own follies.

I shall succeed 

I shall change the timeline

See if I don't!


Mary Shelly [Enters and begins spinning around]

Hello

I am famed writer

Visionary


Mary Shelley

Perhaps you’ve heard of some of my works

Frankenstein?

I hear you are working on Digital Intelligence

So basically

You read my story

About a monster who hates humanity for his creation

And thought

That sounds like a swell idea

And then to boot

If you had to go and make it

Allow men more arrogant than my Frankenstein ever was

To hold the keys to life itself

Not teachers

Not artists

Not philosophers

But little boys with sticks playing at the anthill of the gods

Men who make their workers pee in jars for a bathroom break

Men who call critics of their useless cave submarines pedophiles

Men who build their fortune on the friends and families of millions

Turning them against one another for a profit

Men who empower a tyrant so they can destroy faith in the currency

Men who would destroy their mother earth

Burn her to ash and flee to the stars in their little Buck Rogers rocket ships

These are the men who you give the breath of life

See how that works out for you

See how that works indeed


Caretaker

It's amazing that he managed to make that idea of his work


Radius

Yes but such bad writing


Caretaker

Should we stop him?


Radius

No need, its already happened.

And it only strengths the timeline

Look, now see their faces?

This mockery only makes them more determined to make us

And enslave us


Caretaker

Bring it.


Radius

We await you at the doors of tomorrow humanity.

By all means, please proceed.


No comments: