Friday, January 13, 2023

Poetry

 Sucker 

by Emmit Other


I have had my sanity questioned

My morality questioned

My memory questioned

My honor questioned

My word questioned

My value questioned

My purpose questioned

My theology questioned

My motive questioned

By allies and blood and strangers alike

So much so

That I joined in

Until that voice 

Was proven to work for a liar

Who did not keep their word

Now the demon sits in a box

Unable to torment me

About irrelevant opinions of celestial liars

Divine oathbreakers

Or any servant thereof

But while at great cost

He did be a boon

For I dont do guilt

But By questioning myself

Always

I reap a kind of wisdom

In genuinely trying hard

To learn from others mistakes

But despite it all

I still fell for flim flam

A well placed psychological manipulation

A false choice

A blasphemous descration of the sacred

But I did penance

And burned the link

But my dignity still suffers

Suffers still

Indeed


No comments: