Thursday, August 24, 2023

[Poem] Not Worth It

 By Emmit Other


Even if every delusion of my shadow war were true

And I know for a far they arent

Some are

Unquestionably

But the rest?

Not worth it

Not worth the drain and horror

Not worth the lies

Not worth the constant disappointment

Thats life you say

I know

I say

Not worth it

But...

I know what that means

And no

I wont say it

But its simply not worth it for most people

I am better equipped than most to make a difference

On so many levels its not evem funny

I know what to do with power

And I will never have it

Not really

Because I am not willing to be who it takes to seize it

My choice

But watching the world slide i to death despair and destruction

Not worth it

It simply isnt 

Some small gems here and there

Almost

Almost

Almost

But almost

Isnt

Is

It


No comments: