Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Unstoppable Force Vs. Immobile Object

One thing that I'm heavily considering including (ie pretty much am) is the idea of a clash between Destiny and Prophesy. The two are always mixed heavily, and I'd like them to actually have tangible mechanics (as known by me).

One idea that occurs to me is that one of the two is omniscient and the other is omnipotent. Now of course, I think I'll have to put a few more limits on this. Absolutes, while interesting, can get acutely ridiculous. For example, technically if one is all powerful, one is all knowing (unless they're a moron) and if someone is all knowing, generally speaking, they're all powerful (at least in my opinion). So the key is a limitation, so that one being would be ALMOST all knowing but only somewhat powerful and the other one would be ALMOST all powerful but only somewhat all knowing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So what happens if you have someone who is "all knowing" (perhaps able to see the future) but perhaps has something like Down's Syndrome, Autism or Asperger's Syndrome, and is perceived as a "moron" but really isn't?