Monday, September 22, 2008

38000 Down, 62000 to go.

The number is starting to look rather amazing for the amount of time that has passed, at least to me.

In terms of chapters, 10 and 11 are strong. I really like what I wrote. Given feedback and my perception 1-5 are also very strong. I'm a little worried about 6,7, 8 and 9. We'll see what Skip's comments are, but if this is any reflection based on the last novel (Micronation) I think this part of a story is my weak point as an author.

Some authors can't start a story or end one. Mine might be the part between the beginning and the middle. There are worse weaknesses to have, but if that is the case it lends more credence to the idea of outlining the plot on a chapter by chapter basis before I start.

Something to keep in mind for when I eventually get around to Flotsam.

No comments: