Monday, March 16, 2009

Air Apparant

Meeting with Ken this Thursday to plot out the next step of the 4th Novel (Pre Cyber). Some progress but not a huge amount.

Fire has been submitted and rejected; waiting to hear back from on Vance. I won't further report this kind of thing unless its accepted simply because it long, tedious and a little depressing.

Earth and Water are slowly moving along. I'm torn between wanting to do a good word count quota and making them GOOD, and right now I'm leaning a little bit on the making them GOOD side of things.

I've done the 'trickle' method with multiple stories rather than focusing on a single story before and I think it works kind of good. Course I need to finish one before the next Writer's group meeting but I think I'll be able to do that.

Tis the week to start designing "Air" which in this case I think means that Sopensen. I think the latter period, after the Flotsam novel interests me more; and needs the most definition. In fact, while I won't use this part directly in the novel there's a part that sings to me for placement in what I will eventually write later this year.

I speak, of course of the 'elves'. Should I even call them that? I imagine the humans of Glashause would. They would probably not call themselves that though. I could see themselves calling themselves Scions or something like that. To them 'elves' would be the Sopensen.

No comments: