Thursday, August 25, 2011

Writer Jail

So the same mechanism that I've been using to progress my production of crap, is also usable to measure my skill improvement. Specifically, one of the tangible suggestions from the Crushing was typing out the words from decent non sucktacular stories. So instead of producing more gallons of crap, I can just type 1000 words a day from stories that aren't. Right now I'm using the Hugo package. In the interest of being kind to myself, I'm giving myself a reboot.

1000.

I need to do 1000 more today.

There is a small chance out of jail early, I'm rewriting Unfood a third time trying to use merely the things they pointed out, though I'm writing it from scratch. It looks pretty good, but then again so did the second version (also written from scratch.) I may not be able to detect crap.

Oh and if this seems negative, its because I like to be able to record the truth and thanks to the lovely stat counter, I know that no one but a blog counting bot actually pays attention to this, so I don't have to conveniently leave some things out like I do on my family blog. :)

Truth for posterity that won't give a shit and all that. :)

No comments: