Monday, August 31, 2015

Status of the Blog and Writing

My next project involves physical layout for Grenademan vs the Zombies in Scribus, which is both harder and easier to use than word...it is a new learning curve and I have learned a lot due to the an excellent online coarse by the editor of GIMP magazine.  The good news is that it doesn't think it knows better than I do so I can do anything with the pages including implementing some of Andrew's suggestions. The bad news is that 'simple' things like the page number have to be done manually until I can figure out how to quasi automate it.  Its learning but worth it.  Unfortunately, due to the 12 hours I spent fixing the sound files on the TGAW podcast archive, I was totally burnt out this weekend and unable to work on it.
Speaking of which, given the numbers on this blog at least, it sure looks like my writing on this blog and scripts are a hell of a lot more popular than the tossing grenades at windmills podcast. :D Moreover, Saved from the Circular file, the 'b side' unedited podcast about not my writing but other things was more popular too....tells me that after I finish my life goal about seven novels maybe I should stick to scripts and producing/publishing for other people and just dabble in short stories or the occasional novel...we shall see but I will give at least one good try at touring and marketing my own book (Forever West) in 2016.
Current plans in the blog include a full weekly schedule
Monday - Status/Blurbs from Rhombus, the occasional short fiction piece from the 500 or Naked City.
Tuesday - Script
Wed - Fairy Tale (also moderately popular and thus the sixth novel will likely be 8 interweaving fairy tales...)
Thur - Script
Friday - Second fairy tale
Sat - Tossing Grenades at windmill's podcast
Sunday - Saved from the circular file.
Current writing projects
-Desktop publishing for GMVZ
-Desktop publishing for Spiders in the Sugar Factory
-Proofreading for Forever West
-Cover for Forever West
-Map for Forever West
-World Notes for Forever West
-DeskTop Publishing for Forever West
-Edit Making the Demon
-Edit remaining TC Ricks Stories
-Begin writing Rhombus Ticks stories
-In November do 6th Novel, The Heliotrope Book of Modern Fairy Tales (Working title)
-Keep writing TGAW (7th novel) - need to restart
-Write three or four more poems for the League of Christmas Darkness for the TGAW Podcast
That's a lot.  Right now, I'm focused on the first.  Likely to have one or two writing and one or two editing and one or two desk top going at any given time.
Oh, forgot to add, looking at Jay's script for the Sentinel Chronicles, working with Greg on DADS (Sanford, not Ricks), and the 500 and Naked City....busy times. :D
I'll try to do one of these a month....

No comments: