Wednesday, September 9, 2015

[Fairy Tale] Elowyn Wisp - Part 5

You can learn of the rules here.  I was in fact ill for three days, and had to take the bulk of Friday off of work even though I work from home and Saturday to recover from it.  Thank you for your patience.

"Father, I am ill."

"Why, whatever has caused it?"  He asked with all the concern and love that only a father can show.

"I am of two kingdoms, both where I am from there, and from here, the Temple of the Farthest Star.  Can you help me?"

"What a silly question child," for it was indeed a silly question, and the Man Who Did Not Know Too Much never thought he would tell those words to another soul, but in this case, he had no choice. "If I can but do the slightest thing in the world or the biggest thing to move a mountain, you have but to name it, and I will find a way."

And so she smiled and the world lit up a bit more, as did her father's heart.  And so for it all she said,"Can you go home and bring three bags of earth back here for my bed? And then I shall mix the earth here and there and be well again?"

"It shall be done."  And he hugged her and sang her a lullaby to help her to sleep, and quick as he could, he began to go home.  This was not very quick, but as he traveled he found the tigers who offered him a ride, and for three days he rode on the back of a tiger.

And then the tiger tired and could help him no more, and a mighty stag came and helped him.  One word of the name of his daughter and he had no choice.  On and on he rode.

Until he came at last to the tree where he had rescued the Wren from the snake.

No comments: