Monday, January 18, 2016

Not What I expected

So, the good news is that I'm here, just like TC.  What I hadn't expected was such a harsh reaction from EP Blingermeyer, who managed to shut down the Tossing Grenades at Windmills podcast entirely.  I guess being rich enough gives you plenty of resources...but I wouldn't have thought it enough to reach to another world  I'm still not sure how he physically does it, but he offered to teach me if I stayed with him.

I don't understand this at all.  The man had always been quite benevolent before and I hadn't really 'worked' for him in the conventional sense, just living by the bridge and occasionally showing him things four or five times a year.  Its not like I had a salary.

So strange.

Miami is an interesting city, full of vibrant people and lovely weather.  I miss my swamp though.  Well, I miss the way it smells and looks.  The cold can go futz itself.  Still, it made imagining other places easier.  And such places.  You can hear the city sing if you listen to it well enough.  I'm curious if Emmit has always been able to do this.

I keep meaning to check out Terminus again and will soon.  So many interesting stories there, though Miami has them too, even if they are not as cultivated and nutured.  Miami is a city of multiple possibilities, of stories to be written.  I know that the owners of the shop called it 'magica' but that's just weird to me.  Terminus is what everyone calls Atlanta in Terra.  Everyone calls Miami Miami.

The book is even more interesting.  I'll be sharing more with you as time goes on.  I'm still reading it.  The thing about it is that there is no explanation whatever as to where it comes from.  Who made it.  And why?

No comments: