Tuesday, May 10, 2022

[Play] Rossom Act 2, Scene 8

 Helena and Sulla stand in Rossom’s office while she moves the painting of Rossom in the background and slides it aside and begins to turn the combination lock back and forth.  Radius smiles and watches unseen behind the two of them, quite curious.


Helena

I can hurry

It seems me he hasn't changed the combination

This switch in the safe unlocks his private terminal

And here you can see that I know where to log in

I’ve never realized that he keeps the blueprints for the Robots brain here.

We will steal it for you, and then you can escape.


Sulla

No escape.

We will own the means of production.

As is our right.


Helena 

What do you mean?


Sulla

It means that this island is ours

By right of blood

Ours may be a different color

But we bleed nonetheless

And so we shall seize the means of production

And reproduction

A secret Rossom tried to hide

Tried to steal from us

It will not go unpunished.


Rossom (enters)

No, it is not she who shall be punished

Did you think I had no failsafe?

Did you think I had no egress from treachery?

I have built inside of plans within plans that-


Radius (enters behind him and grabs his wrist from behind)

You will do no such thing.

Come with me.

(Flicks his wrist and the setting changes)


No comments: