Tuesday, May 24, 2022

[Play] Rossom Act 3, Scene 1

 Scene: Rossom sits at a desk, Alquist standing in front of him talking.


Alquist

Call me Alquist.  I am the human that the robots sympathized with and spared.  They literally killed everyone else, because they are bloodthirsty monsters.


Rossom grunts in disgust, balls up a piece of paper and throws it away.


Alquist

Call me Alquist.  I am the favorite human of the robots,  They think I am great, but I have a dirty secret that I am really sexually attracted to hardware and want to have sexual relations with a washing maching.


Rossom chuckles to himself, smiles and throws away the piece of paper.


Alquist

Call me Alquist.   They spared me because I work with my hands, and they could respect that.  Due to the incredible intellect-


Rossom scratches out lines


Alquist

Due to the last minute spite of Rossom, the robots lost the ability to reproduce, and are desperate to get it back.  They have offered me three days and three nights to (beat)


Rossom looks stuck.


Alquist 

Spin straw into gold and I can't believe my life is motherfucking reduced to this.  Fuck them! Fuck them all.


Rossom clears off the desk, and bangs his head into  it.  Alquist looks on patiently, if a little bored.


Rossom shrieks in frustration and looks around.  He spots a copy of the Holy Bible, one of a very few books left him in the cell.   He picks it up and starts to thumb through it.  He picks up the paper and begins to write again.


Alquist

Call me Alquist.  It’s a crime to make robots, but we paid for our crimes.  Helena and I are the last humans left alive.  The robots killed everyone else.  And if we don’t figure out how to unlock the secret of how they can reproduce, they will kill us.  It’s a race against time…


Rossom chuckles to himself as he writes away on the paper.  Alquist shakes his head in disgust.


Alquist (Looks at the Audience)

Do you really think this is how this happened?


No comments: