Friday, February 26, 2016

[Writer Stuff] Surviving Blockage

Interesting article here on Writer's Block.  Not the "I can't think of an idea" but "I don't see a point to this anymore."  Burn Out.

It's pretty short really, but cheating on your writing project might be fun.  I've been the master of finish projects one after another and nothing has come of it.  At least with this blog I have 20-30 people (well...clicks...some or all of them might be bots) but even unfeeling subroutines are better than....a total absence.

The blog seems fun to write right now, and the writing forums are also good.  If Project Daedalus works short stories will get a lot easier, and by working on the blog I *AM* working on Heliotrope.  I might consider short stories about the characters in the other novels.  We'll see.

But really? I don't think the article really addresses the question of burn out.  I think a better solution? Write what you love? Writing is hard sometimes, and you have to make yourself get into the habit but if WHAT you are writing sucks, pick something else.


No comments: