Tuesday, January 25, 2022

[Play] A Hand Grenade Loose in King Arthur's Court - Act 2, Scene 8

 Scene 8


Arthur, Pelinor, Lancelot and Grenademan are in the throne room, with Arthur in his throne, his knights by his side and Grenademan in front of them.


Arthur

So you can see how this looks, Sir Grenademan?


Grenademan

I DO KING ARTHUR.  I WAS ABSTRACTLY AWARE OF THE TALES OF WHAT MORGAN HAD DONE BUT NOT THE SPECIFICS OF HER VILLANY HERE.


Arthur

I will never understand this business of my life being a story elsewhere, but I trust your honor enough to accept it.  The bibble spilled by Morgana seems to back that up.  But what specifically happened when you went with her?


Grenademan

WE TRAVELED TO AN OBELISK AND I BLEW IT UP.


Pelinor

Can you describe this Obelisk?


Grenademan

IT WAS A BLACK OBELISK WITH WRITING ON IT.


Pelinor

And what happened when you made it a former Obelisk?


Grenademan

OBERON WAS LESS THAN PLEASED AND TOOK MORGANA AND MERLIN FOR PUNISHMENT.


Pelinor

I see.  I do not claim to know much of the Fae but this is most troubling.


Arthur

So this was supposed to somehow free us from the cycle of usage by these two beings?


Grenademan

THAT IS CORRECT.


Lancelot

That might be the source of these strange dreams I’m having.


Pelinor

Like what?


Lancelot

Where I fell in love with an ice skater.


Pelinor 

I had that dream


Arthur

What is an ice skater?


Lancelot

Did you have the one about the Taxidermist?


Pelinor

I did! He was amazing


Arthur

What is a Taxidermist?


Lancelot

This would explain the strange dreams that people have been having all over the kingdom


Pelinor

We must put out word immediately and start to write these down so that our memories aren’t lost again.


Arthur

WHAT memories?


Grenademan

THE MEMORIES YOU LOST EACH TIME ORDER AND CHAOS RESET THE LOOP


Arthur

Oh.  (beat) Well then, let it be done!  While we still have time.


(Pelinor and Lancelot speed off)


No comments: