Tuesday, January 4, 2022

[Play] A Handgrenade Loose in King Arthur's Court - Act 2, Scene 2

 Scene 2

Lancelot and Grendeman come on stage to Camelot.


Lancelot

BEHOLD good people, we have retrieved the grail!


Grenademan

THE FORCES OF GOOD HAVE TRIUMPHED.


Lancelot

Where is Galahad?


Grenademan

I DON’T KNOW.  HE WAS STANDING WHERE THAT LARGE RABBIT IS STANDING NOW.


Lancelot

Don’t even talk to me about Rabbits.  I’ll never look at another rabbit or rock the same way again (shudders). (beat) There are…an awful lot of barnyard animals around Camelot.  More than I remember.


Grenademan

PERHAPS WE TOOK A WRONG TURN AT THE PETTING ZOO?


Lancelot

No.  This …smells wrong. Like Sorcery.


Grenademan

(takes out a grenade) THE FORCES OF EVIL?!!


Lancelot

Maybe.  I wonder…(goes over to the Gerbil, pours a bit from the holy grail on him)


(LIght dim)

Galahad appears.

(Lights go on)


Galahad

PRAISE THE LORD AND HIS GRAIL! That was horrible.


Lancelot

What happened?


Galahad

I don’t know.  One minute I was walking beside you.  And the next moment I was a gerbil.


GRENADEMAN

DEPLOY THE GRAIL! (begins pouring on a lot of stuffed animals)


No comments: