Friday, January 28, 2022

[Poem] Half a Hundred Years

 by Emmit Other


So fifty times

I have gone around on this Merry Go Round

Astronauts first bounced on the moon

The Vietnam War was still happening

Actual Hippies hadnt traded their values

Still walked the Earth

Before they sold out and bought Mcmanshions

No cellphones

No Wed

Not a Single Luxury

As Prinitive As Can Be

Gilligan was Still Trapped On the Island

All the Beatles were Alive

Nixon got caught

And congress was compotent enough to not let him get away with it

Before Fox News

Before CNN

Before Facebook

Before Microsoft

Before Reusabke Rockets

Before Game of Thrones

Before the Dresden Files

Before Global Warming

Before Equal Rights for Women

Before Stereotypes that are insanely offensive finally started getting corrected

Before the fall of the Berlin Wall

Before the Towers fell

I AM an old man

But I am young at heart

And more than capable of making mischief

Ams setting things on metaphorical fire

And unlike many

I have changed with the times

And look to tomorrow

And believe in the generation of tomorrow

And our responsibility to tomorrow

To agree with the Song

I believe in Yesterday

But I also Believe in Today

And I most believe in tomorrow

And Tomorrow

And Tomorrow

And Tomorrow

No comments: