Tuesday, March 22, 2022

[Play] Rossom, Act 1, Scene 4 Continued

 Rossom:

The kind that changes the world.


Helena:

Can you change that planet and leave this one alone?


Rossom:

I have something I want to show you.


Helena:

Are...are you even listening to a thing I’m saying?


Rossom:

I'm going to need your help with something.


Helena looks around as if he might be talking to someone else. 


Helena:

What are you even talking about?


Rossom:

You are acting as if they have feelings and desires, have a soul. 

They do not.

Yet.


Helena:

Wait.

You aren’t making any sense.

You and your plant manager have spent the whole time,

Every second, convincing me they have no thoughts and feelings.


Marcus:

No thoughts or feelings

Stella:

Every second


Helena: 

And now here you are 

Telling me the exact opposite?

What is your game?


Marcus:

What could he mean?


Stella:

What wondrous portent does the creator have planned?


Rossom:

It is all part of my design.

It is no accident that you are here.

I have a plan.


Marcus:

He has a plan.


Stella:

A real plan.


Marcus:

Not a pretend plan that isn't a plan.


Stella:

A real plan.


Helen:a

Stop.  Just stop this.

What do you mean?


No comments: