Saturday, September 5, 2026

[Poem] All About You

 by Emmit Other

I had a famous dream

Just now

That couldnt make up its mind

Between Robin Hood

And Red Dawn

And then Grimmace Dark Side

Had a wormhole George Foreman Grill

Descend from the heavens

And turn a pile of people

Into giant wriggling human leeches

I went into Lucid Mode

And put him and his crew

In Mason Jars

I'm a completist

And like to leave every dream

In a happy ending

But this was a small world

And a very ill fitting dream

Not all dreams are created equal

And sometimes

You have to make a choice

Do you let it go

And get up

And go into Boston with the inlaws

Or do you spend four hours

Looping the dream around and around

Until you beat it

Ive done that

But this dream was thin

Barely hanging on

And to exist I would have had to pour myself into it

I decided to let the dream go onits merry little way

And be all about itself

Formless

Thin

And Tilted towards evil

So I woke up

And went about my business


No comments: