Saturday, September 19, 2026

[Poem] Shadows and Granite

 by Emmit Other

 I had someone tell me once

They thought I might be a Statue

I intimidate others

Because of the strength of my convictions

I am self aware 

Because those convictions matter

"I am Not Them"

Has been a priority

From the earliest days

I keep my word

I do what I say

I mean what I say

And I almost always follow through

I know my paranoia is my greatest flaw

But most of the callous betrayals

The seemingly impossible circumstances

That no rational person would believe real

Have literally all happened to me

My paranoia is learned experience

And feeds into my intensity

So if the latest shadow I'm not chasing

Because its a game

Is real

I wont touch it

But the Blue Rook will make their results

Interesting to say the least

I have mastered my demons

And I do not feed every dark thing

That feeds off of human suffering

Especially the shadows

I could be wrong

And will wait it out

But I'm done feeding drama demons

And I'm done denying 

That these things happen

What is

Is What Is 

No comments: