Friday, October 28, 2016

Status

Not doing NaNoWrMo.

I'm just not ready.  I got sort of lucky w Heir to Sunfire in that I had three awesome off the shelf characters and a demi story I'd wanted to tell for some time.  In Fruitloop and Frankenstein, I have one of the characters ready; some interesting supporting characters, hints at a villain and not anything on one of the primaries.  Can't start 2500 like that and have it not be crap; at the least NOT for a historical fantasy; so back to my original plan of next year.  Should be fun.  If the Heliotropic book works out even REMOTELY well, then I am thinking of two more books like it in a trilogy of demi anthologies of hybrids of stories by Terrans (voices in my head) and real people along with two 50000 novels in each.  Moreover, at the moment any way, it looks to be fun.

I cannot say the same about Eternally East.  I am FINALLY ready to start the final stages on Forever West to print, but it has been a bear. Honestly? I think the biggest reason is; Forever West is a TC Ricks story; I write as Rhombs Ticks now.

No new word on Spiders in the Sugar Factory but I'm sure I'll have news soon.

Seven Timelines moves along.  The Wordswap I have w Bill Maxwell is finally showing fruit and it appears we'll have a kickoff w Cassie, myself and he in a week or two.  My first bit for him should be done this weekend.

I should finish Order 37 script for Jay this weekend as well.

I will slowly begin producing more content for the blog; likely notes, writing experiemnts and research for Fruitloop and Frankenstein and Heliotropic encylcopedia...but I have another project in mind that is...fun which is the whole reason I'm considering a trilogy of anthologies.  Quite frankly an experiment that large is the kind of thing I can go out on a bang with....Forever West is likely to never go anywhere; though we'll see...time for it to fend for itself in print.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's fair. That's a huge commitment. You go at your own pace and you will have a wonderful book at the end.