Tuesday, February 15, 2022

[Play] A Handgrenade Loose in King Arthur's Court - Act 2, Scene 14

 Grenademan is alone on the stage, entirely dark hurtling through the void between worlds. 


Order

Greetings Grenademan, congratulations on a job well done.


Grenademan

I AM SURPRISED.  I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT YOU WOULD BE UPSET AT ME BREAKING THE CYCLE OF CAMELOT.


Order

On the small scale, it doesn’t help my interests, but I like to take the wider picture of things, and I believe that a Camelot allowed to thrive and flourish is a better story than one in which it disappears from the world.   Anyway, that’s not why I’m here.


Grenademan

WHY ARE YOU HERE?  IF...HERE...IS REALLY ANYWHERE...IT SEEMS MORE LIKE NOWHERE REALLY….


Order

No, it's not nowhere.  I’ve been to nowhere, and it's a very unpleasant non place.  This is just nothing, and that’s something all together different.


Grenademan

I SEE.


Order

You really don’t but you’re not a greater cosmic power, so who can blame you? Anyway, my brother and I play many many matches and I must say I’m impressed.  We have a rather impromptu quick match coming up on an Earth not too different than you own and I was wondering if you might be my champion.


Grenademan

I DON’T KNOW.  SOME OF YOUR ACTIONS SEEM EVIL….


Order

I am beyond Good and Evil.  I can see that is important to you, so does it help to know that your opponent is unquestionably evil?  He plans to unleash a zombie hoard on the world.  Well, he doesn't realize it yet, but that’s what he’s planning.


Grenademan

THE FORCES OF EVIL MUST BE STOPPED.


Order

I know, right? So you’ll do it?


Grenademan

SEND ME TO FACE THIS FOUL SORCEROUS FIEND.


Order 

That’s the spirit.  Changing your dimensional trajectory right...now.  Enjoy!


Grenademan

TALLYHO! TO FIGHT THE FORCES OF EVIL!


No comments: