Tuesday, December 14, 2021

[Play] A Hand Grenade Loose in King Arthur's Court - Act 1, Scene 13

 Galahad, Grenademan and Lancelot are all looking at a fold out map.


Grenademan

I THINK WE SHOULD JUST GO BACK AND ASK FOR DIRECTIONS AGAIN.


Galahad

I know where we’re going.  I have a natural sense of direction.


Lancelot

I refuse to spend another second in the presence of Bill the Enchanter.  He’s the one that got us lost in the Disenfranchished Forest


Trees (Off stage, whispering)

Democracy should be the basis of constitutional government


If you must have an aquatic ceremony for the transfer of power it should be with choreographed swimming


A parody of a parody is not as sharp as the original.


Grenademan

I COULD CLEAR AWAY THE TREES WITH GRENADES.


Galahad

Have you ever gotten a really bad splinter before? I don’t think so.


Lancelot

My son has a point, paper cuts are nothing to jest at.


Trees

You probably don’t have enough grenades.


Why not give up and stop trying to find the grail?


This will all end in tears.


Galahad

I am a man, I don’t cry.


Trees

Real men eat Quiche.


Don’t bottle your feelings up inside unless you are opening a franchise


What does that even mean?  That made no sense


I’m trying to go for a sort of ironic sarcasm


Well it didn’t work


Can we focus here please?


Grenadman

ARE YOU SURE I CAN’T BLOW THEM UP? THEY SEEM TO BE WORKING FOR THE FORCES OF EVIL


Trees

More like the forces of sarcasm


The forces of ennui in an inherently entropic universe


I welcome death, maybe I”ll come back as an iguana


Lancelot

You know what? Have at it buddy.


Grenademan

TALLYHO!!!  (Grenademan blows up trees)


No comments: