Tuesday, December 28, 2021

[Play] A Hand Grenade Loose in King Arthur's Court - Act 1, Scene 17

 Order and Chaos resume their respective positions.


Order

Well, this is quite the round, isnt it?


Chaos

Indeed, this random factor is the most random yet.


Order

I can’t help but notice that he has a relic that belongs to you.


Chaos

Mere happenstance, I assure you.


Order

You will pardon, brother, my observation that randomness tends to favor you in almost all circumstances.


Chaos

Randomness is my sphere is it not?


Order

If I did not know you were incapable of truly planning ahead, one would almost think you had seeded a number of these things in previous games with the intent that it would eventually affect other rounds.


Chaos

First, brother, of course I plan ahead.  Chaos does build on chaos, but in this case I will not take credit where there is none.  This is random random, not planned random.


Order

I fail to see the difference.


Chaos

Not surprised at that.  Do you consider this a violation of the rules?


Order

I’ll leave that interpretation to father when we tally at the end.


Chaos

Fair enough.  I, for one, am enjoying this round.


Order

I must say we are in rare agreement, but for entirely different reasons.


Chaos

Oh? I don’t understand what you see in it.


Order

That’s for me to know and you to find out.


Chaos

How enigmatic.  


Order

Am I? Our games are entertaining but I am what separates the world from doom.  By me, civilization exists.


Chaos

Yeah right.  Spare me the platitudes.  What’s your real game here?


Order

Aren’t games most of what we do?


Chaos

There is the game and then there is the Game.  I just don't see how you win if I win.


Order

I suppose a small hint is reasonable.


Chaos

By all means.


Order

Your champion seems...exceedingly unenthusiastic.


Chaos

What...do you mean?


Order

Has Merlin done...ANYTHING to further chaos this round?


Chaos ponders silently.


Order

Exactly.


Chaos storms off.


End Act 1


No comments: